Subject: [Leica] Re: Fireworks
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue Jun 26 14:01:59 2007

A couple things to consider.  I usually eiter use a tripod or monopod,
though with anti shake, I got a few good frames on a Pentax hand-held last
year.

http://www.sonc.com/FW_fant/

On a boat that size, they will probably idle the engines, even if you are at
anchor.  There is likely to be some deck vibration, so think about  some way
to dampen that.

I usually go longer exposure than you, sometimes up to several seconds.  Of
course, I am usually closer to the fireworks than you will be, and  I like
to get other details in the shot, so capturing the fireworks themselves is
usually not my priority.   I try to expose long enough that other things
become evident, So I might have several bursts  in one shot.

I usually shoot at abou f 4 or 5.6.

Here's some more:

http://www.sonc.com/fw_06_02/index.htm#4Sometimes, I  barely show the
fireworks at all.