Subject: [Leica] please confine your photos to marked tourist spots
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Jun 23 20:49:49 2007

Doug Herr wrote:
>Isn't this kind of BS what we in the US said was one of the evils of the
Soviet Empire?  We have met the enemy, and he is us.

Exactly.  I'm reading a biography of Robert Capa that describes his travels
in the USSR with John Steinbeck.  That's exactly what he faced at every
turn.  The irony is that in this day of camera phones and mini-digicams it's
never been easier to shoot without being noticed.  If I was a terrorist I
would use a camera phone for sure.  It's really laughable when you think
about it.  I shot the picture below from my car window while stopped at a
light, with a pocket digital.  It's a public building, but I'm not saying
which one in case there are any bad guys lurking.

http://picasaweb.google.com/paswango/Samsung/photo#5066373923776545874

And I really live in NJ, not NM.  And my name's not really Phil. ;-)

And you can probably buy a postcard of this building at the drugstore.
Oops, did I type "drugs"?

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE