Subject: [Leica] IMG: Northern Goshawk
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 13:43:33 2007

Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@comcast.net> wrote:

> So much for the "shortcomings" of the DMR.
>
> It remains (IMHO) the one and only truly kickass digital back out
> there.  Put a Modular Telyt or R-APO in front of it and place it in the
> hands of someone with talent and the photographic horizons expand
> accordingly.

The DMR, like any tool, has its limits.  I wish it were the size/weight of
an SL and had the SL's viewfinder, and had a full-frame chip.  This with
DMR image quality and an APO-Telyt up front would be my PERFECT camera.

The DMR as it is, despite the size and weight (like the R8 with motor
drive), is the camera I'd rather use for the vast majority of my wildlife
photos because as you say the image quality is totally kickass.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE