Subject: [Leica] Re: More from Santa Cruz
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 10:33:59 2007

Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@comcast.net> wrote:

> Do you see the Rufous Towhee down there?  They flit and flutter through
> the underplantings in our (suburban) back yard.  Very shy, very lovely
> birds.

Yes we do, now called Spotted Towhee to distinguish this bird from the
eastern form, now considered separate species.  I agree, they are VERY
elusive and beautiful.  My best so far, which doesn't do the bird justice:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/emberizidae/spto00.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com