Subject: [Leica] Black Man Walking
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Jun 18 07:11:05 2007

/ Wasn't there a case
that went to the Supreme Court about 15 years ago
where a black guy, who was going out for walks in his
predominately white neighborhood, was getting
continually asked for ID,

/Harvey/

/

I remember the case but not the fellow's name. He was certainly a
weird-looking dude, complete with dreadlocks and a homeboy wardrobe. If
he'd been hiking  in Alabama rather than Calif. the cops would have
probably just shot him. :-)

One thing anyone could take to the forbidden bank and cash in......We
are letting "officials" paint us into a corner. Both  legitimate law
enforcement officers and red-coated idiots from local businesses. It
won't be long before we will need a permit to make images on public
streets. Hell, if we let others hold on to our privates it won't be long
before we're all walking on  tippy toes as well. . *Official *journalism
has become nothing but stage-managed junk food for the masses. Unless
one is shooting in Zimbabwe or some other 3rd world cesspit there will
be a total lack of reality. Thing is, we've seen so much other-world
suffering we are immune to it. It will take another Kent State or My Lai
to awaken the sleeping masses here in Amerika.

On a more positive note I understand Brad and Angelina will be making a
deprived-child pickup in Uganda in the near future. Great image
potential. Welcome to reality mode.

Walt

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Black Man Walking)