Subject: [Leica] horseman on the dunes...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 16 15:14:46 2007

Steve Barbour showed a wonderful photo.

Subject: Re: horseman on the dunes...

>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/horseman.jpg.html

Tina Manley asked:

>>I love that one.  Could you Photoshop out the green?  That would make

a very good photo outstanding.<<<

Hi Tina and Steve,

I agree with you Tina regarding a "slight Photoshop artist prerogative
manipulation" in this case.

Steve no matter how well the photo looks as is, a beauty no question. But a
slight "cropping with Photoshop" will turn this into a master piece. I'd bet
a ton of money if this were shot by any super big gun name photog at
National Geo or AA His Holyself they'd nick that green out of there before
it left the screen and posted to the world all fixed up!

"AND NOBODY WOULD EVER KNOW THE TOUCH-UP WAS DONE!"

It's not cheating because if it were me and there was anyway to crop it
without Photoshop I'd have cropped it and nobody would ever know! So what
the heck's different about a Photoshop crop in this case.

Oh and for heaven sake don't anyone start the "truthful crap!" If he
could've cropped it he'd have cropped it and none of you would ever have
known! But your accolades would've been flowing like a newly opened bottle
of Champagne! So don't start with the truth stuff because of Photoshop use!!

Hell go for it Steve, then put prints up for sale! I mean you are thinking
of retiring so why not set up a new business for yourself and market this
type of western photos. I bet if you had a 13X19 or around that size in a
Phoenix Art gallery specializing in western art they'd sell this like hot
cakes!

And in this case using Photoshop who cares as it would become an absolute
mind blowing photograph.

ted