Subject: [Leica] M8 notes during use. Now -- RAW or JPEG? ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jun 14 14:26:45 2007

Tina Manley said; She being the second in my life who rates as...

"She Who Must be Obeyed!" :-)

Tina offered:

> I totally agree, Jeff!  Not using the DNGs is like throwing away the

> negatives :-( And it's so easy - especially with Lightroom.  You have

> so many more choices on how to "develop" the RAW files.  I don't take

> jpegs at all anymore.  They just take up room on the card and my

> computer.  Lightroom can read all of the RAWs perfectly and apply any

> white balance and exposure corrections you could ever want!!  You

> really need to look into it, Ted.  RAW has gotten much easier with
Lightroom.<<<<<

Wade Henginger said:

>>Here here!<<<

>>Do I gotta come back up to Victoria to disable that JPEG option there Ted?

OK OK!.......

Jeeeeeeeeesh I knew when I admitted about the JPEG/RAW/DNG thing I'd be in
the glue. Because I promised Tina along time ago I'd work at RAW until I
succeeded working in RAW.

I did try and try, however not like the little train getting over the hill
that made it I just drowned trying to make the RAW thing work. So OK some
digi things come easy, fiddling with digital technology isn't one of them
for me. I'm a doing kind of guy and need to be shown over and over again
before it finally sinks in. Sometimes with things like this I also require a
good smack across the side of the head. Gently of course! ;-)

You see it works like this:

Tell me & I will forget.

Show me & I may remember.

Show me and involve me & I will understand.

Confuse me & I am dead!

So I gave up RAW because it's so much easier slipping right along in
JPEG.:-)

And given I have LR sitting right here at my elbow courtesy of Wade, my son
will install it this evening and I will make one more stab at RAW with
LightRoom.

However be assured if I should return to JPEG I shall never ever admit it
again! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 notes during use. Now -- RAW or JPEG? ;-))