Subject: [Leica] PhotoShop Elements 4.0 on iMac
From: bampolsk at mac.com (Brian Ampolsk)
Date: Fri Jun 8 07:00:50 2007

I'm using PhotoShop Elements 4.0 on my iMac Intel Dual Core running
at 2.16 GHz.  It has 250 MB storage and 1 GB memory.  I find that
when I run Elements, it's very slow indeed and also slows down
everything else on the iMac.  I've always preached that the best bang
for the buck in computer hardware is memory.  'will it run
substantially better with 2 Gig memory?  Should I increase to the
system max of 3  gig?  Has anyone else had experience with a
similarly configured system?  And, finally, is anyone using Capture
One LE (that came with the  M8) or Capture One Professional .  If so,
do either of these products perform better than Elements?  I assume
that PhotoShop  CS will perform worse, not better.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brian

Replies: Reply from eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (EricC) ([Leica] PhotoShop Elements 4.0 on iMac)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] PhotoShop Elements 4.0 on iMac)