Subject: [Leica] Sefano -- The Sands of Miami
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 6 11:30:12 2007

Hi Everyone,

Stefano is a NYC-based photographer who seeks the urban scene  wherever he
goes.

Best,
Bob

60 images /  slideshow

http://pica
saweb.google.com/stefpix/BalHarborLittleHaitiSobeach/photo#s5072830461780244514

lunch  at bal harbour
plastic surgery faces -
implants
not so tanned.
young  girls driving carrying gucci shopping bags and brand new SUVs.

loud  chatter from the lunch tables
25 dollar valet parking

---
miami  beach
97 degrees F 33 degrees C or so
the sun felt strong on the venetian  way at 2.30 pm.

after 2 miles it felt like i had been riding 10 miles at  25 mph on a
normal ny day.

searched for a gas station and a water  faucet.

looked for $erge the painter
I knew he hangs out at some car  wash.
i take pictures at the one on 54th and 2nd ave.
mostly cab drivers  there.

the owner gives me his card.
to call him for  info about  haiti / little haiti.
he says $erge is usually at the carwash on 2nd ave and  60th.
---

a woman runs out of her store she tells me i can't  shoot.
"there is no why.. just no" she says with a francophone accent.
I  show her some 4x6 prints
and she says ok - no problem

---

$erge  is not at the carwash with restaurant attached.I eat chicken stew
and  plantains and rice and beans -
6 bucks - I can't finish - so much food  -
wish i could give the rice to someone hungry.

i take pictures of a  haitian flag painted on the wall
drug dealer kids doing business on their  bikes ask me what i am doing
with a "video camera".
"it is not video -  just a still camera" i reply.

a woman in red and blue lets me take her  picture,
people laugh " you are wasting your film" they say.

she comes  from rockaway ny/
20 years in miami.

i ride back to the beach - not as  hot
39 st bridge with car driving by at 70mph.
by the trees and the canal  i see a big green iguana the size of a rooster.

i am tired -
just  bring some beers at the beach
go for a long swim at  dusk.

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([spam] [Leica] Sefano -- The Sands of Miami)