Subject: [Leica] M5 battery question
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Jun 4 08:01:20 2007

I just noticed he meter in my M5 seems to read a little off.  I am
wondering if this is a battery issue.  When I do the battery check the
little line that is supposed to go to the middle of the cut out for
correct power goes over past the cut out and on to the right of it.
This would seem to me to indicate there is too much power from the
battery, right?

I have no idea on if this camera has had the battery change over done on
it or not, I currently am using Wein Air cells.

I had not really noticed it before as I have been shooting chromes in
the camera and I usually use an incident meter for chrome, but yesterday
I was shooting some B&W and was noticing that the readings seemed
awfully high so I double checked with both my incident and another
camera set to the same ISO, both were showing 2 stops less light, and
yes I made sure the ISO were all set the same.

Now if the battery has been updated to take non mercury batteries would
it cause it to read off in this manner?

TIA.

--
Harrison McClary