Subject: [Leica] OT: Oly 4/3 - expert advice sought
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Fri Jun 1 03:42:48 2007

All:

We are considering the purchase of an Oly - Alice would like to share
lenses with me as I already own an L1 and use my R lenses on it (macro
is what she wants to shoot in particular).
We have looked at the E400 still availble here (nice two zooms kit BTW).

The 410 is due out next week in the shops and we would like to have
expert advice from users of either/both before deciding.

For your information, we spent a couple of hours in the shops in Paris
and whatever their respective qualities, N,C or P are now out of the
picture for reasons of lens compatibility, ergonomics, weight or VF. And
I have fond memories of the OM2 I used to have: nostalgia?

We know the advantages of LV through the L1. But since we haven't been
able to see the newer 410 yet, the main question stands as a simple one
: Is it really worth spending an extra 150 euros (?100 or $200) to get
the 410, rather than the 400 which seems quite acceptable for the use
Alice wants to put it to?

Thanks in anticipation for any help, advice or recommendation you might
make or give.

Yours
Phil...X

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] Re: [LRflex] OT: Oly 4/3 - expert advice sought)