Subject: [Leica] RE: M8 and DMR
From: chris at tarsier.freeserve.co.uk (Chris Birchenhall)
Date: Wed May 30 01:39:26 2007

Doug,

Thanks for the information about the DMR at Camerawest but for $6,975 plus
VAT (that is an extra 17.5%) plus import handling charges i.e. 4,150 GB
pounds I can buy a good deal of other kit.

------------------------------
www.camerawest.com has a DMR and an R9/DMR combination
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
-------------------------------

Tina

To replicate what I have on a M8 I'd need a 28mm f2 to replace my 35mm f2
and a 15mm to replace my 21mm and I see no comparable replacement for my
50mm f1.4 ASPH. Maybe I am not anticipating how my photography would adjust
to the shift in perspective my current lenses would give me.

----------------
Chris
Why in the world would you need to rebuild your kit for digital? ...
Tina
Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com

Let me stress I welcome Doug's and Tina's input as I am a great admirer of
their work and only wish I had their skills. It was under Doug's influence I
got a SL2 with which I am very happy and which is in itself one good reason
to continue to use film. Tina's photographs keeping reminding me that a M8
would be nice. Maybe next year.

All the best, Chris