Subject: [Leica] OT: Watches - can you provide advice or sites that offer IWC watc...
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sun May 27 12:54:25 2007

Vic, I've wanted an IWC black-dial chronograph for years and --  because I
didn't want to pay for a real one -- I bought a Replica from a dealer  about
six
months ago who turned out to be in China and dishonest...He  sent me an IWC
that wasn't like the picture of the one he advertised and  after I returned
it,
 he stopped all correspondence and kept my money...The  man was named Bin He
of Cool Bargains and who knows how many other names and  sites he
uses...PayPal refused to help and still allows him to use their  payment
service, so
beware of Replica dealers...Some may be ok but you  can't be sure...

There's a dealer in Ft. Lee, N.J. . near where I used to live, who has
brand-new IWC's for 40% off...I believe if he sells them at 40% off, there
must  be
others with the real thing who will negotiate... A real one, in a steel
case, costs approximately $3,500 but at 40 % off, you might be able to find
one
at $2,100. [Those are the approximate figures for a man's watch; a ladies
watch might be a little less.]

Above all, in my opinion, you should buy in a dealer's store and hold  the
watch in your hands, not buy on the Internet...regards, bob cole

In a message dated 5/27/2007 9:15:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,