Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri May 25 00:50:49 2007

Gene,
Maybe the conclusion is that Leica shouldn't make such fast (and BIG)
lenses :-)

I've said it in another posting, but cracked body shells is hardly
unique to the M8. I have a couple of them to my name when it comes to
traditional M's. Sonny might very well be right when he described this
as "pilot error".

If I was an M8 users I wouldn't be too bent out of shape. I'd sure be
careful with tripods bending things out of shape, but that is nothing
new. Just try putting a Rolleiflex on a tripod without any special
additions to the body and you can run into problems pretty quick too.

Daniel