Subject: [Leica] WAS: Cheap p/s.... NOW...." AFTERNOON NAP !" :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 20 11:50:22 2007

Tina Manley offered:
>> My husband still believes in the song's meaning of "Afternoon Delight"
He's 63 and not slowing down at all!!!! :-[<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
Tell Tom never mind slowing down one iota as long as he has the get up and
go to do it! Better keeping as busy as one can, than dead! How many people
retire and the first thing we hear many of them say ... "Man I'm not doing a
damn thing I'm just going to sit around and take life easy!"  12 months
later or less folks are attending his wake! :-(

I'm learning, although it's a pain in the butt at times when the "nappy
feeling" comes over me mid-afternoon, I drop everything if not in the middle
of shooting, and crash. A sleep in a moment or two, then ready to rock and
roll when I wake in whatever time it takes. 20 to 30 minutes.

I began fighting this "nappy" feeling a few years back and considered it
nothing but a huge waste of my living and action time. Then I learned it's
far more beneficial hitting the pillow for a bit with its return of
wonderful energy levels.

I also read about Sir Winston Churchill and how he would nap for 10-15
minutes and return with an un-bounding energy level many of his younger
assistants could hardly stay with him.

He also advocated... "Never stand when you can sit.  Never sit when you can
lie down!" Trust me as I've moved on in life numbers you discover this to be
a wonderful philosophy! :-)

On Tuesday 22nd. I'm shooting a series on a wonderful and world eminent
doctor.... he's 93!! And the title of one of his books is...."No Time to
Slow Down!" And he proves it every day!

An amazing man who stands ram rod straight at 6'4" and walks head held high
and as sharp a wit as one could wish for. :-) I expect it to be a wonderful
day at the University Of British Columbia in Vancouver photographing and
enjoying the company of this gentleman who has no time to slow down as he
goes about his chores of the day.. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] WAS: Cheap p/s.... NOW...." AFTERNOON NAP !" :-))