Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old Cat - Novoflex-Tamron
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat May 19 19:17:11 2007

At 9:20 PM +0200 5/18/07, Douglas Sharp wrote:
>Hallo, Henning, and thanks for taking a look
>
>I reckon the bits that Novoflex added amount to about 600 grammes -
>very solid German engineering. I'm very impressed with the colour
>rendition and the 3D look of the results so far - I'll try to get
>around to trying out the macro feature over the weekend.
>What I have discovered is that the lens will fit on a Canon 20D with
>any Adaptall-II (Leica, Rollei, CY)  + the appropriate adapter to EOS
>but won't attach to an EOS film body with the CY + EOS adapter - strange.
>Does any one know if Tamron made an Adaptall-II for EOS mounts? Or
>did they only produce EOS compatible lenses (Canon EF) with fixed
>mounts.
>Cheers
>Douglas

No, there is not EOS Adaptall-II mount. Doesn't really work because
the camera has this desire to control the aperture, so it didn't make
that much sense, especially since the EOS mount wasn't really
established until the 90's when the Adaptall mount started fading.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] IMG: Old Cat - New Toy)