Subject: [Leica] M8 Repair/ Leica NJ
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue May 15 14:24:40 2007

Tom,

Sorry to hear about your m8 problem.  glad to see they got a replacement to
you, but it is not good to hear that it is apparantly not brand new, does it
have the latest firmware load?  So far mine has performed fine.  what is
this flashing shutter display thing?  i have not seen this with mine.  as
for turn on, i always wait until the card light stops flashing and the
battery/frame counter comes up, a second or two before shooting.  good luck
with the replacement.

gene