Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 19
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue May 15 09:46:24 2007

Thanks for taking a look and the time to comment Leanard.

Re: blurry photos: No steady hand (that left me at around 55); nor
sturdy tripod (all hand held); no trickery of any sort (unless "auto"
is thought of as trickery). Simply a 20D, set at 800 asa, A (f:6.3)
priority, 10-22 EFS lens on Auto Focus, 550EX flash set on TTL and
bounced off the ceiling. The ambient exposures varied from 1/15th to
2 seconds.

The photo of the child used an ambient exposure of .8 seconds. The
wide angle lens minimizes movement during the ambient exposure and
the bounce flash freezes the flash image as well as "draws" detail
into the the under exposed ambient data.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: PAWeek 19)