Subject: [Leica] I just became a NEFfer...
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon May 14 07:39:58 2007

Philippe

As others mentioned, forget the R lenses. Nikon (46.5mm) and Leica R
(47.0mm) having two of the longest baselength of all SLR systems - check
http://tinyurl.com/yu5sj9 - there are not many other lenses to use than
those made explicitely for Nikon.

The Zeiss ZF lenses are very good in terms of sharpness and contrast, but
were deceiveing in terms of bokeh wide open, at least on the samples I have
seen. The bokeh remembered me the 1.4/40 M-mount Nokton - double lines,
silly light rings. With older Nikon Ai(s) lenses like the 1.4/35 or 1.2/50
you are more on the safe side, bokeh-wise.

Anyway, you might like the autofocus feature after a certain time, and then
the 1.4/50, 1.4/85, 2/105 and 2/135 AF Nikkors are waiting for you :-)

Didier

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] I just became a NEFfer...)