Subject: [Leica] 50/2 Summitar LTM
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat May 12 08:49:20 2007

Jeffery Smith wrote:
Just got a 50/2 Summitar from Sandy Ritz. And it appears to be okay to use
with my Canon 7 (nothing hitting any baffles). I was a bit surprised that
the front element unscrews(!) Haven't seen that in any lens other than my
father's Retina.

I don't have a Summitar, but the front optical unit of my Summar unscrews
also, though I think it's more than just one element.  When you remove it
you can see the bare diaphragm from the front.  I'm assuming other Summars
do the same.  This is different from the rigid Summicron where the whole
optical unit unscrews from the focusing mount.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE