Subject: [Leica] I just became a NEFfer...
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri May 11 22:00:34 2007

Hi there Philippe,

My decision to go Nikon was taken years ago, but not with the same
amount of measured deliberation you put in to your choice. For me it was
a no-brainer. I had a bunch of Nikon glass, add a body (look for a wide
angle) and I was back in business.

Besides, Kyle, in a couple of off-list exchanges, said "buy one, you
idiot! What are you waiting for?".

I haven't upgraded to a D200 yet (I have the D100) but I probably will.
I am kind of comfortable with 10mb raw files (based on a 6mp sensor) and
they've held up to the prints that I need.

BD, however, pointed out that having more pixels not only allows you to
print larger (might not necessarily be an issue) but it also allows you
to crop a bit tighter after the fact and get away with it. He's not off
his rocker, that BD.

Daniel

Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] I just became a NEFfer...)