Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 18: town and country
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Wed May 9 11:45:39 2007

Hi Nathan,

What can I say? Friesland were I was born and the city were I've been
living the last 25 years.
Great pictures as always.
Are you aware that the horses are a race called Frisians? Once almost
extinct but nowadays as alive as possible due to hobby breeders. Typical
and mandatory is the black color and the hair at their feet. Typical all
purpose horses. Every summer there are a lot of contests with these
horses. Very often on historical carriages and the clothing of that time.

Beneath the cubic houses, as we call the them, I worked for 2,5 years as
a chef in "Cambrinus". Famous for its 300 different kinds of beer. I've
tasted them all and we cooked with them also:-)

Kenneth, we might be family;-)

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema