Subject: [Leica] American Photo M8 Review in Iraq
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed May 9 06:14:09 2007

Mark Rabiner offered:
>>>I think this is about the most astounding thing that has hit the lug.
READ IT! Has anybody?
And here we sit around a couple of us talking about some images appearing
low contrast as we see them here?
I'm sure someone somewhere before they appeared in the paper adjusted the
contrast who cares! If they're muddy someone will hose them off!! Maybe this
photographer guy is not the greatest post processor I don't care he's got
the guts to go to Iraq I don't!<<<<

Hi Mark,
That's exactly what crossed my mind yesterday, but I try to stay away from
this Iraq-Afganistan subject simply because it's not worth the time to type
anything that's common sense logical.

However people nit picking about a few pictures from a photographer using an
M8 who's working on the streets where from one second to another he and
camera maybe part of the bloodiest streets in any set to between people.

Nobody could pay me enough money to go to Iraq or even Afghanistan. Yes
Afganistan, where twice I've been offered clear and safe passage and
accommodation to work with the Canadian medics there.

And twice I've said NO! Even though I passed a fairly rugged physical test
the first time and surprised everyone I could handle the flack jacket and
other so called safety gear because the army guys didn't want an old fart of
78 to have to be carried around.  I still said, Thanks for the offer but NO
thanks!

Like you, I think the guy should be offered a prayer for his survival not
some dumb ass nit-picking comments about pictures taken with an M8 and
transmitted under whatever horrible conditions any of us know of.

See what I mean about trying to say something common sense logical about
that part of the world! It's not possible!

ted

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] American Photo M8 Review in Iraq)