Subject: [Leica] Walking stick/monopod
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon May 7 09:02:33 2007

The Gitzo monopods that I have owned made really lousy walking sticks.  Too
heavy, lousy tips, etc.    I don't know about other
brands.  I suspect they are no better.

However I do have a solution to your dilemma......  Go get a beaten up old
useless ( or new) ski pole for a walking stick, AND a
monopod for your camera.  The ski pole will likely cost you $1, weighs
nearly nothing, and works really well.

The monopod, well, you know......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Any recommendations from the group - my girlfriend has me on a weight
loss program and wanted to get me a walking stick but I also need a
monopod.

ernie