Subject: [Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun May 6 23:27:24 2007

G Hopkinson wrote:

> What finder do you plan to use on the 111c/111f?

I've cut out so much of the original ... but this question was in
reference to a 35mm lens ...

Hoppy,
I have the original Leitz 35mm viewfinder from way back (I started with
an M3 in my day). It's good, but it's kind of big (no so big that I'm
really going to do anything about it). Its major drawback is those sharp
corners. When you carry it with the camera body facing your own body,
the sharp little corners dig in to middle-age fat.

If I didn't have that one already, I'd probably use the 35mm viewfinder
from KMZ (former Soviet Union lensmaker). You can pick them up cheaply.
They're nice and bright ... and round, so they don't tickle.

The wisest thing might be just to take the body and a 50 and learn to
live with it.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron)
Message from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron)