Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica M8 "Shutter Fault" (Jeffery Smith)
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat May 5 21:18:50 2007

hi Sonny,

i also have not seen any problems outside of op error.  as for the knobs?  i
guess he must mean the shutter and op wheel controls?

the magenta thing is easily solved with filters, and i also bought heliopan
filters for the two critical lenses.  whats the big deal people? just go out
and buy a couple while waitng for the 2 free ones, get over it.

color balance?  my m8 has superior color balance compared to my d200, even
in awb.  most use manual wb, and in those modes it is perfect.

the camera is a snap to use, even in my current one handed mode.  this a bit
of a challenge, since i am right handed and i am having to learn how to use
it with my left now.  just finished shooting Anna's prom photos tonight one
handed and did pretty good considering, if i say so my self.  will try to
post some tomorrow.

gene