Subject: [Leica] interesting
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Fri May 4 10:58:10 2007

Does anyone know if there is anyway of identifying whether a
particular camera is one of the Freedom cameras?  I purchased a Leica
III, #1992**, and was told it was one of the cameras.  It came with
uncoated 35, 50 collapsible Summar and 90 elmar lenses.  Also a
winder I need to have the tape replaced on.  I did not pay additional
$$ based on the story, but have always wondered about it.  Even if
not, it dates from the time period, so makes a legitimate
conversation piece!  It is silver chrome and the base plate has "auf/
zu" without "open/close" as well.

Tom Schofield

Replies: Reply from kenfphoto at gmail.com (Ken Firestone) ([Leica] interesting)