Subject: [Leica] Re: Memory chip archiving
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu May 3 15:49:27 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 10:48 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> On 5/3/07, Leonard Taupier <len-1@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Larry,
>>
>> It may be worse then that. One of my son's older friends was given a
>> Nikon D50 when his old Pentax bit the dust. He only looks at the
>> photos on the little camera LCD. When the card finally gets full of
>> images, he just buys a new card.
>

> Actually, I've considered that as a manner of archiving back-up,
> since cards
> are getting so cheap.
>
> You could  put each one in a  slide sheet, and mark it as to dat, then
> file.   You can get  about 500 jpegs or 180 raw on a 2 gig card.
> That's
> still way cheaper than film.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Sonny

Interesting idea. Chips cost less than $20/GB these days. That's the
cost of about 3 rolls of film. Does anyone have an idea how long a
filled flash chip will retain images?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: Memory chip archiving)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: Memory chip archiving)