Subject: [Leica] Re: Results of April 2007 LUG photo contest (why there are no comments)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu May 3 11:46:11 2007

I pretty much agree with everything you said below. I often hesitate
to offer too harsh a critique on any given image that I comment on. I
also find myself not commenting at all on images which I see as
simply banal photographic records. In these cases while I could offer
constructive suggestions - I also don't wish to offend or get into a
conversation on aesthetic philosophy (well maybe I would). ;~)

One of the problems with commenting and offering critiques comes up
because we have such a wide range work and varied opinions. Often
times when someone says "great" I'm thinking 'what's great about
that? I don't see anything great in it.' Yet, I don't engage in
conversation about it - because I don't want to offend the fellow or
gal that just got stroked.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com