Subject: [Leica] IMG: handheld IR shots with M8
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Wed May 2 15:14:20 2007

Really nice work!
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
MARK DAVISON
Enviado el: mi?rcoles, 02 de mayo de 2007 20:54
Para: lug@leica-users.org
Asunto: [Leica] IMG: handheld IR shots with M8

I just placed some handheld IR shots from the M8 at

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/MarkEDavison/IRExpts/

All taken with the M8, 24 2.8 ASPH, f8, ISO 640, EV compensation -1/3,
automatic exposure, handheld, Hoya R72 IR pass filter.  Shots imported into
Photoshop CS2 with ACR, desaturated, and levels and contrast curve adjusted
to eye. Focus adjusted by shifting focus distance to 5.6 mark on right side.

  Exposures checked on camera using the Info button, with the histogram set
to RGB. (Note that most of the IR exposure shows up in the R channel, so you
really need the RGB histogram turned on to see if you have clipped the
highlights.)

I haven't tried IR photography in a great while--my Nikon D2h has some IR
sensitivity, but the exposures are long enough that a tripod is required.
The M8's sensitivity to IR makes it an amazing IR platform.

Mark Davison