Subject: [Leica] IMG Some shots from Santa Fe
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Wed May 2 09:37:29 2007

George,

Thanks for taking a look.  I am very impressed with the tonal range of the
M8 for color work--this is the first digital camera that I feel can be used
in high contrast situations such as you encounter in New Mexico (the shots
you referred to were taken around noon on a day with scattered clouds.)  In
order to retain highlights in these situations I dial in -2/3 exposure
compensation--with the M8 it appears to be more reliable to pull detail out
of the shadows than out of the highlights.  All of these shots were taken as
DNG and developed in Capture One LE.

Mark Davison