Subject: [Leica] WAS: IMG: early April, NOW: Street Photography 'definition'
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Tue May 1 04:42:09 2007

Street photography. 4 criteria for me.
What I consider the perfect street photograph is the following:
It is a photo made 'out there' (indoors or outdoors), in public
places where people that don't necesserally know each other meet,
pass, interact or don't interact.
It is a photo where you feel that the photographer was unnoticed.
This doesn't mean that you can't have people looking into the lens,
but it should be with an 'empty' and non responsive look. Or that pre-
recognition look just before people understand that it's them that
are being photographed.
It is a photo that captures a moment that the viewer recognizes as
being unstaged, pure and genuine. A snap of life. A frozen moment.
And finally it is a photo that has a perfect composition. As if it
was staged to get all the elements in it at the right place at the
right time. Like everything suddenly falls into place. Without being
staged.

Philippe

Op 30-apr-07, om 21:08 heeft Lottermoser George het volgende geschreven: