Subject: [Leica] Coding Non Leica lenses and using them on the M8 with firm ware 1.102
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Apr 30 19:25:41 2007

Hi Luggers,
To cement my reputation as a gear head I have been experimenting this
morning with getting the M8 to read codes on non Leica lenses.
Here is a picture of the coding on a Leica 35 Lux asph (on the left)
and next to it is a CV Nokton 40 f1.4SC. You can vaguely see on the
CV lens barrel where I have marked off where the code dots should be,
including one over the screw head.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/UV+IR+Code+Pix/
_1000064.JPG.html

http://tinyurl.com/2rsmtw

Here is the CV 40 now coded with matt black water soluble model paint
- including a splash over the screw head which is in the way. The M8
manages to read the code as 35mm!!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/UV+IR+Code+Pix/
_1000072.JPG.html

http://tinyurl.com/32t4x6

Here is a picture off our balcony with lens code on, IR filter off
and no filter on the camera:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/UV+IR+Code+Pix/
L9991044.JPG.html

http://tinyurl.com/25l4gs

And finally, here is a picture of the same scene with lens code on,
IR filter recognition on and the filter (a 43mm heliopan 8025) on:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/UV+IR+Code+Pix/
L9991045.JPG.html

http://tinyurl.com/yqc9za

The posted pictures are from the basic Jpegs - I haven't yet fooled
around with the RAW files. I will wait for night fall to see what
happens under tungsten light but I am pretty pleased with myself this
May Day morning,
Cheers
Howard (in Hong Kong).

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low) ([Leica] Coding Non Leica lenses and using them on the M8 with firmware 1.102)