Subject: [Leica] Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Apr 30 14:34:29 2007

I'm in the Albuquerque airport as I type this, having just passed through
security. They did exactly the same thing to me, even using the same words
("I need some help here"). But all I had in the bag was an M8 and some
lenses for it. And half a dozen SD cards and some spare batteries. They ran
it through their scanner about 6 times, seriously annoying the people who
were behind me in line, and then took it out of my sight, probably to pour
chicken blood on it.

I know from my days at NASA helping with the design of computer networks for
the Space Shuttle that SD cards can be erased or changed (but not
permanently damaged) by radiation. But the only pictures I still had on the
SD cards are the ones I took this morning in Los Alamos; all the rest got
safely uploaded to my laptop and then burned onto DVDs. DVDs are not damaged
by the kind of radiation they use here.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Film from the Santa Fe spring shoot)