Subject: [Leica] Re: JPEG look on LR vs the web
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Apr 27 04:10:37 2007

Hi Eric,

Are you absolutely, 100% sure that the images you upload have sRGB
embedded in them?
I just looked at one of my sites, www.frozenlight.eu, with my work
PC, using a plain, uncalibrated Dell monitor (and Firefox), and the
images looked just fine. There is a slight difference from what I see
on my Mac with Safari, but it is really small and I put down the
difference mainly to the difference in quality between the two monitors.

I would say that Lightroom is the greatest thing since sliced bread,
except that I hate sliced bread ;-)

Nathan

On 27-apr-2007, at 12:57, Eric Korenman wrote:

> seems I am not alone:
> http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc34927/12
>
> Eric
>

> On 4/27/07, Eric Korenman <faneuil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My system is calibrated by Spyder 2 and the deafult window color
>> space is
>> sRGB IEC61966-2.1
>>
>> Eric
>>

>>  On 4/27/07, Eric Korenman <faneuil@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I know this may be more of an adobe forum question. but:
>> >
>> > My monitors are calibrated. Everything looks super in LR, PS and
>> ACDSee.
>> > Skin tones are warm and lovely.
>> >
>> > Exported Jpeg images also look great in any of these three
>> programs.
>> > However, the images look quite ruddy when opened in Internet
>> explorer or
>> > any or other lesser image viewer.
>> > I am concerned that clients are seeing very color shifted ruddy
>> skin
>> > tones when I email them or post proofs.
>> > I am sending them sRGB Jpegs.
>> >
>> > Where is the problem?