Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander 12
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Apr 25 15:00:26 2007

Harrison,
We had a Lugger who did some very nice images with the 12mm probably three
years ago.  He lives in Birmingham AL and posted some images as part of his
PAW.  There was one image in particular shot in a parking garage that was
very special.  So, the long and the short of it is go ahead and get the 12.
It isn't really all that much money and is a lens that lets you shoot images
that almost no one else can.  Special in this case equals $$.  Like all
wides it appears to drop off fairly fast in the corners but stopped down to
F8 appears to be very good.  Vignetting would not be a problem on scanned
film as the new digital tools handle that very well.  And shot on an M8 you
would get a real 15 which is pretty wide indeed with no real issues.