Subject: [Leica] IR Cut filters Comparo and Question
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Apr 22 18:58:52 2007

Mark,

It's probably easier to say the M8 is 10 f stops more sensitive to IR
then a Nikon D2X. This number is a guess based on my usage of both
cameras. It may be 8, 9 or 11 stops but it's a lot. I can easily shot
M8 IR photos with 89B filters on the lens handheld at fairly high
shutter speeds. I can't come close to hand holding with a D2X.

Len