Subject: [Leica] NPR story
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Sat Apr 21 10:46:48 2007

Sonny Carter wrote:

> Rules are indeed rules, and the rules must be followed, but PLEEEZE don't
> pretend that it has always been thus.

Sonny,

I am not saying it has never been done, as Tina pointed out at the start
of this Gene Smith did this kind of thing a lot.  The thing now is that
because of the ease with which photos can be changed, and the common
perception that photos are all retouched, the emphasis now is even
stronger on no retouching.  I did not mean to imply that this is
something new, just that people now are far more sensitive to this type
of thing now than they used to be.

As far as making the dead look alive...watch the movie Under Fire.  That
movie fits right into this discussion. :)

BTW I was in Smyrna last night, a friend I grew up with passed away this
past week.  The town has changed so much you'd be lost there...it aint
no small town any more.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography