Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux..... Questions.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Apr 19 14:38:15 2007

I have found a 50 Summilux pre ASPH that I am interested in.  Now, I already
have a non-built in shade version, which I find sharp
and contrasty.

The lens I am offered appears a bit soft wide open.....   I find it closer
to my 35 Summilux, which is not all that sharp.

For you with 50 Summilux, regardless of vintage or version, how sharp is
your lens wide open?

PS.. I don't buy lenses of F1.4 to use stopped down, so comments about the
stopped down performance go in one ear and out the
other... I want to know about wide open, F1.4.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] 50 Summilux..... Questions.....)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] 50 Summilux..... Questions.....)