Subject: [Leica] B+W Filters on M8
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Apr 16 20:27:11 2007

I have been testing my WA Tri-Elmar on my M8 with the 1.102 firmware
and the B+W IR cut filter. I am finding that the B+W is too strong
and the lens detection + UV/IR filter setting does not fully
eliminate cyan creep. At 16mm the cyan creep is quite pronounced and
unacceptable with tungsten light. I don't see the problem in
daylight. Since the Leica 67mm UV/IR cut filter will not be available
for two months there is no way of knowing how well it will work.

I just noticed there is a thread on the Leica Users Forum that
suggests the B+W filter should not be used for lenses 21mm and wider
because it's too strong as I found.

I will be returning the 67mm B+W filter and will try another brand
filter. All my other filters are Heliopan which I'll be able to test
when I get my 21mm back from Leica for coding.

Len