Subject: [Leica] Any opinions on the best 35mm LTM?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Apr 16 18:49:02 2007

Jeffery,
Many choices.  On a low budget but high quality I would look at the 35
Summaron's either 3.5 or 2.8 but you have to watch for cloudiness.  Canon
made a really wonderful 35 2.8 that is disgustingly cheap if you can happen
on one.  The Canon F2 is a very good later lens but a little scarce.  I find
the Nikons a little pricey.   For newer stuff the C/V are pretty d@#$n
good.  I bow to Daniel and Marc on the 35 Biogon deriviatives.  I think
Daniel R. has posted a good number of images when he was showing his
Contax(clone) images.

Of course if money is no object then Dr. Yao's advice stands, the 35 ASPH
Summicron in screw mount is just about the king of the hill by modern
standards.

You know, just buy a clean example that wanders by first.  There are a lot
of very good lenses out there, and LTM's are getting into the realm of cheap
as the real experts are retiring out of active collecting and heirs are
selling off collections.  Just like older cars, the value is dropping unless
you can verify that it ran in the 1950 LeMans. :)