Subject: [Leica] Santa Fe show
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Apr 15 17:11:53 2007

Mark Rabiner wrote:
I met a guy from Sante Fe yesterday at the AIPAD show yesterday at The Park
Ave Armory on the East side of Manhattan NY.
I was going to go back today but we are having a minor hurricane. All day.
Not one let up. A Sante Fe gallery owner of Scheinbaum & Russek LTD.
.9 mi (about 3 minutes) from the La Fonda Hotel where most of us are
staying. So maybe I'll catch their act bring a few friends they offered to
drive me over but it looks like walking distance to me.

Mark, phone before you go to S&R.  Their web site says 'by appointment'.
But it's an easy walk from the Plaza.  All the venues I mentioned in my
recent list are also walking distance from La Fonda (or the Plaza), meaning
less than a mile.
Prices at the galleries I mentioned vary quite a bit.  At Monroe you can get
quite a few non-vintage things from 'name' photographers for under $1000,
where the same shot in a vintage print might be $15-25,000 (for a real
famous one).  They call the non-vintage prints "estate" prints.  My friends
were considering an "estate" print by Ruth Orkin for ~$1500 framed.

You might also see what's showing at the College of Santa Fe.  They have a
decent visual arts program and a nice gallery space.  They have shown
Salgado and HCB there in the past.  You need a ride for that one though.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE