Subject: [Leica] Leaving St. Louis ... old times
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Thu Apr 12 16:03:44 2007

If they have not torn it down, the old Menard Penitentiary would be an
interesting photo subject.  there was a joke that the electric chair had a
sign next to it that said " You can be sure if it is Westinghouse ".  I
wonder if it was just an urban legend ?  I know some of that goes all the
way back to the rivalry between Edison and Westinghouse about commercial
power becoming DC or AC.

  If you have never been down to the old Fort or the Pierre Menard Home I
will recommend a visit.  The home dates back to 1800 or so and was still in
the family until 1947 or 49.  All of the funishings are original !  It is a
beautiful place with spring flowers.

Sam Kennard <sam@kennardind.com> wrote:

I think Menard has a rather negative connotation. :-)

Sam

" If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking "
                                                             George S. Patton

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.