Subject: [Leica] Leaving St. Louis ... WAS IMG: People Even!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Apr 11 19:06:21 2007

On 4/11/07 9:25 PM, "John Biava" <leicam4pro@yahoo.com> typed:

> Did you ever get to the old Cyranno's ?  It was the hot place for the non
> drinking crowd in the '60s.  Maybe even earlier.  But it was ruined by the
> time I got back from Viet Nam.....
>
>   Some of my other haunts were St. Louis photo Supply, Jefferson Camera (
> bob
> has passed away ),  and Schiller's.  I haven't been back for some time
> now.  I
> know most things have changed.
>
> Daniel Ridings <dlr@dlridings.se> wrote:
>   Photo Phreak wrote:
>> ... nor did I use one when working toll switching at St. Louis 1 and 2.
>> But I
>> left there in 1973.
>>

> Three years before me. I left St. Louis in 1976.
>
> Still miss it, but that's probably old sentimentality setting in.
>
> Daniel

I hung out in Cyranno's from around 1972 to 1975. And the camera stores of
course. And almost got a LTM from that guy in Clayton.
I lived in Old Orchard in Webster Groves across the street from The
Spectrum. I went to Webster College and took courses at Washington
University. St. Louis Rocks. They have great trains now and we had a LHSA
meeting there Oct 23, 2003 I may have helped talk them into it. Loved taking
the train from the airport to the hotel for a buck and a half.
That's what I call a civilized society.
One part Chicago one part New Orleans there's no way of beating that.
Once you can find your way to the river in the blazingly hot summers.
Its about 45 minutes south.  The Missouri river I think. One out of 3 people
drown in it so its inner tubes only. Or certain death.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com