Subject: [Leica] Great Deal on the Boulevard
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Apr 11 07:33:54 2007

Jeff,

Your image reminds me of a motel I once stayed at in Ashville, KS. I was
there on business. I'd wanted to stay at the town's upscale B&B, which
was a four story abode that had been the town's first Mayor's residence.
However, the B&B was tied up for the night by Bob Dole and his
entourage. There weren't many other hospitality options.

The Great Plains, IMHO, is one of the most interesting places on the
planet; geographically and historically. While pioneers passed through
it, the 100th meridian was like a brick wall for settlement. It was
thought that the Plain's climate wouldn't support agricultural further
west of that line.

Of course, the Great Plains was home to the Plains Indians and it was
part of the "Wild West". Railroads changed the landscape. Places like
Medicine Hat, Abilene or Dodge City have a rich history. The Great
Plains is vast, quite unique and perhaps underappreciated.

DaveR