Subject: [Leica] OT: A nifty TinyURL service for Mac OS X users
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Apr 10 17:14:37 2007

Windows folks, just disregard. I have to think there's a Windows
equivalent of the Service menu item but I don't know what it might be
called.

For you Mac OS X folks, you might be interested in this nifty little
OS feature that uses the "Services" menu available from all OS X
applications. Many folks don't use it but once you learn what can be
done with it, and the applications that make services available, well
there's no going back.

This service will take highlighted text and replace it with a TinyURL
link - without having to go to the TinyURL site, cut and paste, etc.

Here's the full source if you're interested from Rachel Blackman's web site:

<http://www.riverdark.net/misc/TinyURL-src.zip>

Here's the service itself. It comes as a zip file which you decompress
into a folder. There are instructions. I had to do a restart to make
the feature fully available:

<http://www.riverdark.net/misc/TinyURL.zip>

It's VERY spiffy and works wonderfully well for me.

Adam

Replies: Reply from leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason) ([Leica] OT: A nifty TinyURL service for Mac OS X users)