Subject: [Leica] Re:News of BD
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Mon Apr 9 03:56:29 2007

I'm sorry, Mark, but I sold the 35/2, 20/2.8 and 24/2.8 and 20-35/2.8L.

I'm working (about to start) at the ER. Tomorrow I will try to post
some images shot in the studio comparing the 17-35/2.8L to the 28/2.8
and 35/1.4L.

I never said Canon primes are on the weak side. I have high regard
for the 50/1.4 and 1.8, 85/1.8, 85/1.2L(I), 135/2.8 soft focus,
100/2, 200/2.8L, 300/4L. I love primes. One of the reasons why I love
my M8.

And I am not a bit surprised by this. The super L zooms cost at least
as the sum of the primes they replace. Almost all L zooms are newer
optical designs, have better mechanical construction assuring better
collimation and centration, etc.

IMO, I seem to remember that on the Nikkor field, a zoom like the AF-
S 17-35/2.8 ED (and a long list of other letters I don't remember
anymore) performs at least as good as most of the same age primes it
intends to 'replace' at similar apertures. But I don't have any of
them anymore.

Saluti,

Ed
PS: Sorry, but I will not be able to respond fluidly today, but I
will try to do my best.

El 09/04/2007, a las 02:50, Mark Rabiner escribi?: