Subject: [Leica] Re: online auction cautionary tale
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Apr 8 18:42:00 2007

David:

>Payment was safely (or so I thought) received and sitting in my account.
>When the fraud was detected (by me and within hours -- too bad I ship
>promptly), it was sucked back.

I don't trust Paypal.

Then again, I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.  They're
useful.  My wife wanted a paypal account attached to a bank account for ease
of use.  So we have one.  At a bank where we do *no* other business.  After
she gets paid, we take the money physically out of that bank and transfer it
to our main bank.

I've read too many tales about Paypal deciding after the fact to take money
out of an account.  No way would I trust them having access to our account
that we use for paying our regular bills.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Re: online auction cautionary tale)