Subject: [Leica] online auction cautionary tale
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 8 11:45:03 2007

Dave, if you bought insurance from the Post Office for your Zeiss  50mm
Sonnar, I've always assumed -- if that's the right word -- that you look to
the
Post Office for your loss and to no one else...If that's not so, I'd like to

know... The only thing the auction site should do -- and I believe does do
-- if
 to ban the customer once it has proof of fraud...You have a better chance
of
 coming out alive in Bagdad that collecting from the auction system...

I've given up on PayPal for any assistance in fraud instances after I lost
$200 on the purchase of a Replica watch from a dealer in China -- on the
Internet rather than at auction -- and got an instantaneous reply from
PayPal  that
my loss, after payment through PayPal, does not  qualify...Worst still, from
what I can tell, PayPal still regards the  dishonest dealer as a customer in
good standing...

You now are an unwilling dues-paying member of a big club...

Regards, bob cole

n a message dated 4/8/2007 2:04:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,