Subject: [Leica] M6 frames unstuck and finder upgrade - update
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Thu Apr 5 13:22:50 2007

About 6 weeks ago I was asking about if the MP finder upgrade was worth
it in the M6.  Well I just got my M6 classic back from Don at DAG and
all I can say is wow!  It really looks better.

The frame lines seem brighter and the focusing patch seems more
contrasty.  On top of this I had Don remove the 75 and 135 lines, man it
is nice to put a 50 on and just see the 50 lines, and likewise the 35.
I occasionally use a 90, or I'd have had that one out also, and on
retrospect I kind of wish I had taken it out of the classic but left it
in the .85ttl.

Now I am off to box up my .85ttl to send to Don to get it upgraded to
the MP finder and to get the 75 and 135 lines out if it.

I know many here rave about Sherry, and I am quite sure she is
excellent, but I have always used DAG and enjoy the phone conversations
with Don and he has always delivered excellent work on my gear.

If you are considering the MP upgrade I do think it is worth it....and
if, like me, you do not use some of those frame lines it sure is nice to
have them removed while the upgrade is done. :)

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography